- Real estate tax bill reminders will be mailed Nov. 12. To avoid receiving a reminder notice, please make payment to your tax collector by the week of Oct. 18. Unpaid real estate tax bills are sent to the Tax Claim Bureau after Dec. 31 for collection. Real Estate Tax Due Dates
All Cumberland County government facilities will be open to the public, with or without an appointment, beginning Monday, May 10. Some departments will continue to operate by appointment only. Residents should check the county website to ensure appointment availability for those offices. Government facilities are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted. The county had been operating by appointment only since Nov.25, 2020.
Cumberland County government facilities will continue to adhere by PA Department of Health and CDC guidelines. This includes social distancing, wearing a mask, and utilizing the hand sanitizing stations located within the county facilities. All areas will be sanitized, as our facilities management team has done since the pandemic began. If residents are sick, showing any signs of COVID, or have been with an individual who may have contacted the virus, are asked to visit the courthouse at another time.
To identify and assign fair and equitable assessments to all real property and persons in Cumberland County for the generation of accurate tax bills.
- To identify and assign fair and equitable assessments to all real property
- The Assessment Office must maintain and make available records associated with assessment administration.
- It is our intent to provide you with the latest and most accurate information pertaining to the County’s assessment activities.
- UPI certified on all conveyances of real estate, plans, mortgages of real estate and any other instrument affecting real estate in Cumberland County, other than a Will, a General Power of Attorney, or a Deed of Dedication to a municipality for a road.