Updated: 1/19/2021 at 3:30 p.m.
The Federal Government, with the assistance of the Pennsylvania Department of Health and its providers will continue to issue information regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine. The COVID-19 vaccine will be distributed to Cumberland County residents in a phased approach developed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
Where to get the vaccine
Who is eligible to receive the vaccine
PA Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccination Phases
Phase 1A (Current Phase)
- Long-term care facility residents
- Health care personnel including, but not limited to:
- Emergency medical service personnel, Nurses, Nursing assistants, Physicians, Dentists, Dental hygienists, Chiropractors, Therapists, Phlebotomists, Pharmacists, Technicians, Pharmacy technicians, Health professions students and trainees, Direct support professionals, Clinical personnel in school settings or correctional facilities, Contractual HCP not directly employed by the health care facility.
- Persons not directly involved in patient care but potentially exposed to infectious material that can transmit disease among or from health care personnel and patients
- Persons ages 65 and older
- Persons ages 16-64 with high-risk conditions:
- Cancer, Chronic kidney disease, COPD, Down Syndrome, Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies, Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant or from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines, Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2), Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2), Pregnancy, Sickle cell disease, Smoking, Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- People in congregate settings not otherwise specified as long-term care facilities, and persons receiving home and community-based services
- First responders
- Correctional officers & other workers serving people in congregate care settings not included in Phase 1A
- Food and agricultural workers
- U.S. Postal Service workers
- Manufacturing workers
- Grocery store workers
- Education workers
- Clergy and other essential support for houses of worship
- Public transit workers
- Individuals caring for children or adults in early childhood and adult day programs
- Essential workers in these sectors:
- Transportation and logistics
- Water and wastewater
- Food service
- Housing construction
- Finance, including bank tellers
- Information technology
- Energy, including nuclear reactors
- Legal services
- Federal, state, county and local government workers, including county election workers, elected officials and members of the judiciary and their staff
- Public safety
- Public health workers
- All individuals not previously covered who are 16 and older and do not have a contraindication to the vaccine (note that at this time, only the Pfizer-BioNTech product is approved for those age 16 and 17).
While the COVID-19 vaccine is being distributed, the Pennsylvania Department of health asks you to continue practicing other mitigation efforts, like wearing a mask, hand washing, physical distancing and downloading COVID Alert PA.
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Health, vaccines are safe, effective, and the best way to protect yourself and those around you from serious illnesses.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions
- Current COVID-19 Vaccine Phase
- COVID-19 Vaccine Dashboard (Bottom of page)
- Pennsylvania COVID-19 Interim Vaccination Plan
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Information
- World Health Organization COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Volunteer to Help
Want to help with Pennsylvania's COVID-19 response — or another public health emergency? Sign up to volunteer here.
Have a question about the COVID-19 vaccine?
Call the PA Health Hotline at 1.877.724.3258
Information on this page provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.